Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Beginning of My Book Adventure

Welcome to my new blog. You have joined me toward the beginning of my book writing adventure. The Guilty Environmentalist has an outline!

Who am I to be writing such a book? One of my professors once me if I am a a naturalist, a conservationist, and an environmentalist. At first glance, these identities may seem similar, but when evaluated through the lens of Wikipedia, a naturalist is one who follows the principle that all phenomena can be explained in terms of natural causes and laws, a conservationist is one who seeks to protect natural resources including plant and animal species as well as their habitat for the future, and an environmentalist is one centered on a concern for the conservation and improvement of the natural environment, both for its own sake as well as its importance to civilization. I am definitely an environmentalist.

For the past two decades, I have been studying the environment, paid for work in the environmental field, volunteered for the environment, written for the environment, campaigned for the environment, and dedicated my life to the environment. Please join me on my adventure writing The Guilty Environmentalist and becoming a more enlightened in this journey of life.

No comments: